- The Germans produced some of the most
beautiful santas ever made. That's not to say
that santas made today by very talented artists don't deserve
recognition, but considering what the German cottage worker had
for supplies and tools, it's easy to see why people are charmed
by these simple works of art.
- We make our santas in the German tradition
so they will resemble their antique cousins.
- The two pictured here are candy containers
which means the feet pull away from the body to reveal a hidden
compartment where candy and treats can be hidden.
- The taller santa wears a brown wooly coat
and hat and his boots are black.
- The other santa we call the
'Victorian santa' wears a faded purple coat with collar and a
leather belt. He carries a small bag of bottle brush trees and
red berries. Their beards are rabbit fur and both carry feather
- Brown wooly santa (13" H.) $98.00
Victorian Santa (9 1/2" H.) $83.00